Fri, Jan 28|
Curious about Regenerative Agriculture and what it looks like on the ground? We are happy to show you!
Time & Location
Jan 28, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
The Homestead, 1035 Alta Vista Rd, Spicewood, TX 78669, USA
About the event
PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASE:
You have your choice of TWO TOUR OPTIONS (the tours happen simultaneously, with both groups combined for the homestead portion, after which only the full tour guests continue on to Luck Ranch:
The HOMESTEAD tour is from 10:00am-11:30am (this tour covers just the homestead)
The FULL FARM TOUR is from 10:00am-2:00pm (this tour covers both the homestead and Luck Ranch)
This event is meant for families and individuals. If you are a larger group or want a personalized tour, please see our other event options.
Our operations span two locations. We have the Homestead- this is where we started, and where the broiler chickens are raised. The other location, Luck Ranch (yes, THAT Luck Ranch!) is where we raise the egg laying chickens, pigs, and sheep.
Things the tour includes (per location):
- A rundown of active ranch operations at that location
- Going to see the animals
- An explanation with visual examples of how regenerative agriculture actually works
- What we are currently doing versus what is possible to do/our plans for the future of that location
As we are a working ranch (which comes with hazards such as live large animals, electric fences, etc...), there are a few rules to be aware of:
- No unattended children. We love attended children though!
- Only service animals are allowed, no other pets, no exceptions.
- Do not wander off.
- Do not try to feed the animals.
- Only park as directed. We have active land restoration in progress, and vehicles have a negative impact on that.
Other things to be aware of:
- We own working dogs. Two live with the sheep at Luck Ranch, and the others are given free range of the Homestead. Please be aware that it is these dogs' job to guard the animals and alert us to unfamiliar people. They are quite sweet with kids.
- Please wear sturdy, sensible shoes you don't mind getting mud on.
- As a regenerative ranch working on restoring native habitats, we ask that you please be aware of your surroundings. Texas wildlife is not always friendly and can hurt you.
- These tours are outdoors; please check the weather and dress appropriately. While we keep an eye on the weather and will reschedule if conditions are unsafe, we otherwise give the tours rain or shine.
- There are no bathrooms available at Luck Ranch, and the bathrooms at the Homestead are emergency use only and not accessibility friendly. There is a gas station between the two locations that we suggest you take advantage of.
Full Tour, Adult (12+)
This ticket is for both the Homestead and Luck Ranch for 1 adult.$80.00+$2.00 service fee
Full Tour, Child (3-11)
This ticket is for both the Homestead and Luck ranch for 1 child between the ages of 3 and 11.$40.00+$1.00 service fee
Full Tour, Infant (0-2)
This ticket is for a tour of both the Homestead and Luck Ranch for 1 infant below the age of 3.$0.00
Homestead Tour, Adult (12+)
This ticket is for only the Homestead for 1 adult.$40.00+$1.00 service fee
Homestead Tour, Child (3-11)
This ticket is for only the Homestead for 1 child between the ages of 3 and 11.$20.00+$0.50 service fee
Homestead Tour, Infant (0-2)
This ticket is for a tour of only the Homestead for 1 infant below the age of 3.$0.00